Effluent Treatment Plant
What is an ETP?
- ETP (Effluent Treatment Plant) is a process design for treating the industrial waste water for its reuse or safe disposal to the environment.
- Influent: Untreated industrial waste water.
- Effluent: Treated industrial waste water.
- Sludge: Solid part separated from waste water
Need of ETP
- To clean industry effluent and recycle it for further use.
- To reduce the usage of fresh / potable water in Industries.
- To cut expenditure on water procurement.
- To meet the Standards for emission or discharge of environmental pollutants from various Industries set by the Government and avoid hefty penalties.
- To safeguard environment against pollution and contribute in sustainable development.